Amanda Owens at Believe Consulting focuses on establishing and meeting the needs of the client whether it is an individual athlete or team at a junior or professional level. All of the sports psychology techniques/strategies are based on Humanistic & Gestalt principles which allows a better understanding of the individual nature and experiences of the athlete. This approach is very client centred to see the bigger picture of the athlete’s situation.
Amanda Owens has 16 years’ experience working in sports and business. She develops individualised and specialised psychological techniques and new strategies to improve awareness of the athlete and others (the team) to ultimately improve performance.
At Believe Consulting examples of what we provide are:
• Change management and cultural change (to enable a smooth transition of change of coach/playing staff/support staff and board members) and so aligning the vision and mission of players and management
• Individual and team awareness training (to understand individual differences)
• Team Dynamics (creating team spirit)
• Emotional profiling (accessing your optimal performance state)
• Changing habits and behaviour (better lifestyle management)
• Understanding self and others
• Anger management
• Underperformance management (dealing with unexplained dips in performance)
• Mood management and affects upon performance
• Dealing with UUPS (Overtraining syndrome; knowing how to train effectively and understand about individualised holistic rest and recovery programmes)
• Individual and team preparation
• Improving communication between coach and athlete and within the system/organisation
• Anxiety and stress management; how to reduce and prevent athlete burnout
• Psychological support for injury (being mentally, as well as well physically, fit) and assisting the healing/recovery process
• Transformational leadership
• Developing emotional intelligence (EQ)
• Identifying and reducing organizational stress
Amanda Owens at Believe Consulting is proud to be involved and sponsoring :
Robert Bullen, Great Britain & England Alpine Skier. Robert is currently the English Alpine Champion in both Giant Slalom and Slalom
Miles Bugby Professional Tennis player.
Andy Burns GB Judo and Olympic hopeful.
Tom Heal and Will Smith in the Atlantic Rowing Challenge leaving 6th December 2009. More information on this event and Amanda's involvement can be found at www.atlanticrowyt.co.uk
Ben Hitch Professional Wakeboarder, http://benhitch.wordpress.comFor more information on the athletes and their achievements please visit our
Sponsored Athletes Section